12 March 2007

Congratulations R.E.M.

Anyone who knew me in th 80's and early 90's knows what a huge R.E.M. fan I am. I own every CD they have ever issued. That is why I am happy to say congratulations to them tonight as they are being inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Also included in this year's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame class are:
Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five -- tell me you don't remember dancing to "White Lines"???)
The Ronettes
Patti Smith
Van Halen (with Sammy or David, I wonder?).

And if you're ever in Cleveland be sure to check out the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Museum. It is a great time.

2 comments:

karenzsmith said...

I wanted to see that! I meant to watch on VH1. I am also thrilled about R.E.M. I have to say I was excited about Van Halen too. Just so you know, both Sammy Hagar & David Lee Roth were there. I heard it on the radio. Interestingly enough, the 2 Van Halen brothers, Eddie & Alex, were not. Eddie's in rehab of course...

karenzsmith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.