I got a well-timed email from a friend yesterday who said, "Trivia question: What were you doing five years ago today?"
Ouch! Did that ever bring back some painful memories. Zoë was born at 3:42 PM and the time stamp on the email was 12: 37 PM. That meant that five years ago at that moment I was just about to start 3 hours of pushing. Yes, 3 hours. That was definitely not the fun part -- especially when they turned off the magic epidural.
On a lighter note...I am getting great amusement out of Zoë's list of birthday presents. They are:
- Fisher Price Mega T-Rex
(this was a specific request)
- Make-up (for kids)
- An electric pencil sharpener
- A flashlight that you have to shake (no batteries)
- Fisher Price Kid-Tough Digital Camera
- A book on reptiles
- A compass
- A purse with butterflies embroidered on it
- Rubber snakes (which promptly found a home in the above purse)