In my book my mom is the best thing since peanut butter. She is my role model. She has taught me many life lessons. She is always there for me and has never made me sad, angry, or forgotten. She says she loves me everyday and I always say the same thing back. She fills me heart and makes me smile almost everyday. My mom is always there for me. She always makes me happy before she is. My mom is one of the best people in my life and I am lucky to have her.
I have and always will be my mom’s little girl. She has told me she loves me more times then the earth has trees. She loves me and I love her. I always will. She gives me hope and she gives me confidence. My mom is one of a kind and I don’t think anyone could even be like her.
My mom loves me. I love her. She has friends that love her too. My mom is my mom is my mom and that is not why I love her. I love her because she is a nice wonderful person. My mom is one person and if that person is her then I’ll be happy.
09 November 2011
Zoe had a writing assignment where she had to write about someone close to her and she chose to write about me! She decided to type her final version into the computer so I don't have it in her handwriting, but this is still great. I love it...
08 November 2011
I've been at my new job for about 10 weeks now. Things are going well and I am very glad I made the move. I was nervous about adjusting back to work in an office, but that hasn't been too difficult. However, I have made some observations about the differences (some good, some not) which I will share with you now.
- When you are in the office no one expects you to simultaneously work at your job and do housework or errands.
- When you are in the office most of the week you have to set aside time on the weekend for getting the laundry done.
- When you are in the office it is not unusual to spend 15 minutes or more just chatting with your co-workers about this and that. You can actually spend time getting to know each other.
- When you are in the office your co-workers can interrupt your work any time they step up to your desk or into your office.
- When you are in the office all day you can sometimes come home to find someone else preparing dinner and that is a wonderful thing.
- When you are in the office all day you cannot run out to the supermarket at lunchtime and get the [fill in ingredient] you need for the dinner you'd planned.
- When you are in the office and have a meeting in a conference room it can be just as hard to concentrate as when you're on the phone at home.
- When you are in the office and have conference calls all day you can't help thinking you could have stayed home for that.
- When you are in the office (at least in my office) people do look at you funny if you wear jeans.
- When you are in the office no one looks at you funny if you are wearing fabulous high heels and you are likely to be complimented.
03 November 2011
We started the night with Guacamoldy and Chips.
The dinner menu included Monster Meatloaf and the ever-popular Mummy Hot Dogs:
The costumes were put on. I never got a good shot of Zoe as a Bumble Bee. I think this is the best one:
Finally the nigth was topped off with Tombcakes (because yes, in addition to candy, you need dessert).