15 May 2012

Sad, Sad, Sad

Sad fact #1:  I missed my blogiversary!  April 13, 2012 marked the 7th anniversary of ZoesMom.  That's pretty significant and I'm very sad I missed celebrating.  I'll mark the occassion now by linking to a post from about 7 years ago.  There's not much to it, but it is something I would still write today.  May 12, 2005

Sad fact #2:  Here it is May 15 and I haven't posted since April 20.  I didn't even realize it had been that long.  I have been so busy with work that by the time I get home and get a chance to sit down I can't usually keep my eyes open long enough to think of let alone type a blog post. 

Sad fact #3:  I am having serious trouble with the work/life balance thing as well as the mother/person thing these days.  No doubt I have mentioned this enormous project I am working on -- it is definitely the biggest project I've worked on and it is all-consuming.  As a result my mothering has really been sub-par.  I've tried to explain to Zoe that it is temporary.  It really is only another 7 or 8 weeks, but when you're 10 that is a lifetime.  I know that.  The part that makes me feel the worst is that when I do get time away from work in the evenings or on the weekends, I crave being alone.  No Zoe, no Rob, no one.  I should take the time I have and give it to Zoe when possible, but at the same time if I don't take the time for myself, I am awful to be around.  It is a tough call.  Luckily (hopefully) I have many years to make this up to her. 

On the bright side this enormous work project has been opening up some cool opportuities for me and it really has been the the most interesting thing I've ever worked on.  I feel like if things do all go well and are well-received this could mean even more interesting things come my way. That's exciting. 

1 comment:

Emily Barton said...

I missed my blogiversary, too! But happy (belated) to you. Hope the work]balance thing works itself out for you soon.