05 September 2006

Go see this movie!

Yesterday I saw Little Miss Sunshine and it is a fantastic movie and I think everyone should see it.

The basic plot is: A dysfunctional family travel across country to get their daughter to the finals of a beauty pageant.

But the story is about so much more than that. It is about the beautiful innocence of children and the fragility of human life and the ridiculous pursuits people dedicate themselves to. It will make you laugh out loud one minute and cry the next. Greg Kinnear, Toni Collete, and Alan Arkin star, but Abigail Breslin steals the show.

I can't say enough good things about this movie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved it too Mertz- in fact saw it once alone & then dragged David. He didn't think he'd like it- but of course did. SO funny- that running bit made me laugh almost to tears. -ht