01 September 2006

School Supplies

If there was ever any doubt that Zoë and I share genetic code (which I don't think there was) it has now officially been proven that she is my daughter through the love of school supplies.

The other day we got a letter home from daycare about the official start of the pre-K year. Contained in the letter was a list of supplies -- pencils, crayons, markers, scissors and glue plus a box to put it all in. As it turned out due to a recent Staples shopping binge, we already had most of the supplies on hand so I packed up her orange plastic box with all her supplies and put it into her backpack that night. The next morning when I told Zoë about her new box of supplies, she was simply ecstatic. She had to open the box and carefully inspect each item. She determined she would like some different pencils, but otherwise everything was heavenly. Now each morning she checks her backpack to make sure her supplies are all there. I love it!

1 comment:

QOS said...

"Don't you love New York in the fall? It makes me wanna buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address."

-You've Got Mail

Just for the record - Yes!! I did spend my entire holiday weekend laying on the couch in my pajamas watching chick flicks while eating marshmallow creme out of the jar!