01 November 2006

The Cosmetics Counter: bareMinerals

A good friend recently turned me on to bareMinerals line and I admit I was skeptical, but the products actually work quite well. I don't like to wear liquid foundation because I don't need much coverage, but traditional powder compacts tend to wear off so quickly. bareMinerals foundation is a happy medium and you can put it on lightly or add more layers as you like. Plus, I don't know how, but it is SPF15 which is always a good thing.

I bought the starter kit and it comes with 2 shades of foundation, something called Mineral Veil which is a finishing powder, 3 different application brushes, warmth face color and glee face color (which I really love!). I have mostly used the foundation shade that is best for me and the glee face color which is a really nice kind of blush. The starter kit cost me $60 at the store where I bought it. On the bareMinerals website it is a little pricier, but you can find it for less at other sites like ulta.com.

The starter kit comes with an instructional DVD and I know it sounds silly, but it is quite helpful. I watched the entire thing and I am glad I did.

My only complaint with these products is that they don't go on in a hurry. On those morning when I literally only have 5 minutes, I can't spend the time on it or I'll never even get to the mascara before I have to run.

No comments: