02 February 2007

The Plank

OK I am into going to the gym, but Yoga has never really been my thing. However, I might just be changing my mind. A friend of mine showed me the "plank pose" the other day recommending it as a good ab work out. Not only is it an excellent ab work out, it is also great for the arms. It is a killer pose and I can only hold it for 15 to 30 seconds at a time.

So there I am on the floor this morning doing my plank pose and in walks Zoë. She immediately gets on the floor and assumes the same pose and proceeds to hold the pose for a good 3 or 4 minutes effortlessly. Amazing!

One of Zoë's teachers has started teaching them yoga lately and Zoë just loves it. She is, like most kids, incredibly flexible so it comes pretty easily and she just loves any kind of physical activity. What I would love to find is a parent child yoga class because I think doing it with Zoë would be really fun (although I am sure a little frustrating when we're comparing flexibility and strength!). I wonder if any such class exists? Or maybe a DVD?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

check this out - it's hysterical! i've had a ton of fun uploading my kids!!

http://www.careerbuilder.com/age%2Do%2Dmatic/?siteid=ageomatic