08 October 2007

While driving

I really thought I had seen everything people could do while driving from kissing to putting on make-up to, of course, talking on the cell phone. However, today I saw something I never saw before.

I was stuck behind this Saab that was driving erratically -- slowing down and speeding up with no rhyme or reason. Finally I was able to pass this car and when we came to a traffic light and I was stopped next to the car I looked over to see who was driving this car fully expecting to find someone talking on their phone. Instead, I saw the man in the driver's seat was eating corn on the cob.

Seriously, corn on the cob. While driving.

I don't understand that at all.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

It's as though people get into their cars and think 'What can I do with this downtime?' - as though driving is something that just happens when you get into a car, without the nominal driver having to pay more than passing attention.