- When you are told to go up to bed be sure to leave something crucial behind like your beloved stuffed animal Eeeyore thus necessitating a return trip downstairs for retrieval.
- Sit on the toilet without actually going until a parent comes upstairs.
- Use much more shampoo than is necessary thus necessitating lots and lots of rinsing.
- Spend at least 5 minutes brushing your hair and staring in the mirror while making crazy faces. Longer if parent is not watching.
- Agonize over what pajamas to wear.
- Agonize over what clothes to wear tomorrow.
- Agonize over what book to read.
- Develop sudden case of OCD in regards to specific placement of stuffed animals, blankets or pillows on the bed.
- Suddenly remember that you have not kissed other parent good night.
- Ask a lot of questions about random things.
- Tell a story about how someone hurt your feelings that day.
- Ask to be tucked in.
- Ask for a back rub.
- Ask for a drink.
- Ask for a hug.
- Ask for a kiss.
- Say you suddenly don't feel well. Your stomach, head, or knee hurts. Be sure to vary the source of the pain.
23 May 2010
How to Prolong Bedtime
Zoe has become the master of prolonging bedtime. If you're looking for tips, here are some of her favorites: