05 October 2010

Tuesday Shoesday: Striking Gold

Did you ever buy an article of clothing or especially a pair of shoes and immediately incorporate it into your wardrobe so fast that it became a "go to" item overnight?

It doesn't happen often, even when you think it will. Sometimes things that you think will become your new staples turn out to be very disappointing. So, you know it is special when it does happen.

This past Saturday I was lucky enough to go to the Woodbury Commons outlets with my good friend and shopping buddy, Tracie. We got their early and stayed late. We hit every store that had a remote possibility of having treasures waiting for us. And boy did we find a lot of treasure -- so much that we filled up my little car. Beetle trunks are surprisingly big, but not that big. We had to employ the back seat too! (Sorry Mattio.)

OK, so, now we finally get to the shoes. I know it is boot-buying season and boots are everywhere, but I've had it in my head for awhile that what I'd really like is a pair of gold ballet flats. I don't know why, but I just really felt they would enhance my wardrobe. As luck would have it my golden treasure was waiting for me at the Cole Haan outlet where I scored these beauties:




This photo doesn't do them justice because it was surprisingly hard to get a decent picture of gold shoes. I don't have any good lighting around. I guess I should have tried outside in the daylight, but I digress.

These are the best shoes I've bought in ages. They were a bargain, they had my size, they are extremely comfortable, and they were exactly what I had in mind. I put them on first thing Sunday morning, wore them all day until I went to bed and then repeated the same today. I am going on a business trip next week and I am already planning my outfits around these shoes. I think they will look especially good with my navy blue dress.

Hooray for new shoes! If only all new shoe purchases could be this successful.

2 comments:

Emily Barton said...

They are absolutely FABULOUS (even in your "bad" photo of them). So happy for you that you had such luck. You know what became my fashion staple? Those boots I bought in Philly with you and Ms. Musings last year. I go to them time and again (even in the summer. Well, when it isn't 105 degrees, which it was a good deal of the time this past summer).

Courtney said...

those shoes are fabulous - I love them! I have been thinking I have a need for gold ballet flats for some time...love knowing someone who scored a pair!