See any resemblance? Yup, I'll have to keep working on that.
Speaking of the new year I never did my usual end of year wrap up or resolutions for the new year...
2011 Wrap up:
- I have to say that 2011 kicked my ass. It was tough year from start to finish. It wasn't all bad, but it wasn't easy.
- The weather played a surprisingly big role in the year. From snow storms, to heat waves, to hurricanes, they were all memorable, but nothing I'd like to relive any time soon.
- I listened to an awful lot of audio books. 18 out of the 67 books I have listed as "read" were actually "listened." Reasons for that are 1) I started listening to audiobooks while I work out and 2) my new job included a new commute
- Starting a new job is really tough and really consuming, but finding a job where you are both treated with respect and like what you're doing is amazing. I completely forgot what that felt like and I am so glad I got it back.
- Several times over the course of the year I was reminded to be grateful for all that I have in my life. Despite my petty complaints, I know I am a lucky person.
- And lastly, Zoe grew up so much this year. She's not completely different and in many ways she's still and will always be my baby, but she's getting so mature. It makes me proud and breaks my heart.
I have decided I am not making specific resolutions for 2012. I am simply wishing for a quiet year where the scale is more tipped towards happiness for myself and those I care about.