I got this meme from Noble Savage and thought it looked like fun.
1. Where / how did you meet?
We first met at my Dad's house the summer after my freshman year in college. Rob was my brother's friend from his summer construction job and he brought him to my Dad's house one day to help out with some home improvement project. My Dad used to love to assign my brother and I home improvement projects just to torture us, I am pretty sure.
2. How long have you known each other?
18 and a half years. I didn't even realize it was that long.
3. How long after you met did you start dating?
We had a few dates over the course of several years, but we didn't start really dating until about 8 years after we first met.
4. How long did you date before you were engaged?
A year and a half.
5. How long was your engagement?
6. How long have you been married?
7. What is your anniversary?
8. How many people came to your wedding reception?
106 -- don't ask me why, but I remember the exact final count.
9. What kind of cake did you serve?
Carvel ice cream cake -- it is my favorite and we had individual cakes for each table rather than one big cake.
10. Where was your wedding?
The Top of the Tower at the Beekman Tower Hotel in New York City.
11. What did you serve for the meal?
It was a choice of Fillet Mignon, salmon, or ravioli. I didn't get to eat any of it so I don't know if it was good.
12. How many people were in your bridal party?
2 -- one each.
13. Are you still friends with them all?
No. Rob's best man never forgave me for taking him away.
14. Did your spouse cry during the ceremony?
15. Most special moment of your wedding day?
During the reception, standing out on one of the balconies watching the sunset and just holding hands.
16. Any funny moments?
Rob forgot to actually say "I do" until I reminded him.
17. Any big disasters?
None. It was pretty close to perfect.
18. Where did you go on honeymoon?
19. How long were you gone?
20. If you were to do your wedding over, what would you change?
There was part of me that wanted one of those island weddings at Sandals or something, but if I were to change the wedding I had, I would invite about 20 less people and go on a longer honeymoon.
21. What side of the bed do you sleep in?
On the right in our bed at home, but my criteria when we travel is not right or left it is the side with the nightstand. If both sides have nightstands then I want the side that is closer to the bathroom. Rob is wonderfully not picky about sides of the bed.
22. What size is your bed?
23. Greatest strength as a couple?
We are able to be completely ourselves with each other.
24. Greatest challenge as a couple?
I like to be organized and to think things through -- maybe to to a fault. Rob does not.
25. Who literally pays the bills?
26. What is your song?
"Moondance" by Van Morrison
27. What did you dance your first dance to?
"Crazy Love" by Van Morrison
28. Describe your wedding dress
Ivory silk, empire waist with an a-line skirt to the floor (no train). The best part was the back that was a deep V. There was beading around the neckline that went around the deep V and also around the waistline. It was pretty simple, but I really loved it.
29. What kind of flowers did you have at your wedding?
Red roses. There were a few other flowers for the ceremony, but all I remember is the red roses.
30. Are your wedding bands engraved?
Yes. They both say: Always 10-16-99