28 September 2008

Aging Meme

I was tagged by Becky to do my own meme. Imagine that!

So, here goes...

The Aging Meme
all you have to do is fill in the blanks...

At a certain age women should not wear very long hair. At a certain point I think around shoulder length is really long enough.

At a certain age men should not date/marry/or make children with women in their 20s.

When I was a kid I thought I would become an artist.

Now that I am older I wish I spent more time thinking things through when I was younger.

You know you are too old to wear a miniskirt when you wonder if you're too old to be wearing it.

You know you are too young to wear make-up when you still have gorgeous kid skin.

When I was in high school I listened to the music of The Cure, Depeche Mode, The Smiths, R.E.M.

Nowadays I find I like the music of whatever they're playing on The Spectrum on Sirius Sattelite radio. It's a great mix of new and old including R.E.M., Big Head Todd and the Monsters, Lucinda Williams, Tom Petty, and Jakob Dylan.

On my last birthday I turned 37 and celebrated as described here.

On my next birthday I want to go skiing.

The best birthday present I ever got was the timing of my birthday. My birthday is January 15 which was Martin Luther King Jr.'s birthday and because his birthday is treated as a national holiday I not only get to share my day with a great man, I get a long weekend. Don't get me wrong, I've gotten lots of wonderful presents, but that day off is so nice.

The first time I felt grown up was the first time I had to stay up all night with Zoe when she was sick.

The last time I felt like a kid was 5 minutes ago as I enjoyed the movie Wall-E.

When I read Bridge to Terabithia it changed my life. I read that book sometime in elementary school and that's when I discovered how wonderful reading is.

Last year was filled with ups and downs.

Next year I hope not to repeat some of the downs from last year.

1 comment:

Rebecca H. said...

A day off on your birthday sounds very nice. Generally I have to start school on my birthday -- not nearly as much fun ...