I've been tagged again...
* Post at least five current addictions (with some details, please).
* Mention the person who started this meme (Being Brazen) and also the person who just tagged you - Emily.
* Type your post with the heading “Current addictions”.
* Tag at least two people and pass on the above rules.
So, here are my current addictions:
1. Shopping. No, duh right? It's an addiction that has lived near and dear to my heart for many, many years now. I should qualify this by saying I like shopping for clothes, shoes, make-up and books. I can live without shopping for furniture or groceries or any other practical things. I do enjoy a good turn through CVS though. In this current economic climate shopping will probably be my downfall. There are major bargains out there!
2. Buying Books. I guess this is related to the above, but it is more than that. I have an enormous pile (several shelves worth actuall) of unread books -- my TBR pile as its called. And that pile makes me happy because when I am ready for a new book I have my own private selection to choose from just waiting there for me. I love going to the bookstore to discover books, I love ordering books from Amazon that I've read about. I love my books and I just keep on getting more.
3. LibraryThing. This one is related to the above. I have become obsessed with not only cataloging my books, but also with recording when I acquired the book, when I started reading it, and when I completed reading it. I try to never look at the ratings or reviews for a book until after I've read it because it is so much fun to compare my thoughts after.
4. Twitter. I just love it. It is great to see the thoughts of multiple friends and persons of interest. It is fun to post my own thoughts for many to see at once. And it was so fun to watch the posts on debate night. It is like blogging, but it is short and sweet and to the point and it gives you that false sense of connection to others that only the internet can give.
5. Mike and Ikes. They are my current favorite candies. I eat some just about every day. They are just so chewy and good. But too many do make me feel a little ill so I only eat a handful.
6. Diet Sunkist. When we were in Italy in June I drank a few Fantas and they were sooo good. Especially in the heat. It was 100 degrees almost everyday we were there. The U.S. version of Fanta is not as good (just like the Italian version of Diet Coke is not as good) so I decided to try Diet Sunkist one day and it tasted just like the Italian Fanta. I've been hooked ever since. However, I do not like to have Diet Sunkist and Mike and Ikes at the same time.
These are my addictions, I tag Tracie and Noble Savage.