I found this over at Jane Green's blog and as she has it, it isn't quite a meme -- it looks more like a chain email, but it is pretty close to a meme and it feels like it has been soooo long since I've done a meme so I decided to make it into one by changing some of the questions a little bit and omitting just a few as well. So, without further ado...
Getting to know you...in 45 questions
1. What time did you get up this morning? 5:30 AM
2. Diamonds or pearls? Diamonds all the way.
3. What was the last film that you saw at the cinema? Mama Mia and it was just awful. There hasn't been much I've wanted to see since then.
4. What is your favorite TV show? Project Runway
5. What do you usually have for breakfast? Special K at home, French Toast when at a restaurant
6. What is your middle name? Jill
7. What food do you dislike? Seafood and mushrooms
8. What is your favorite CD at the moment? The mix I made for the car trip to Cape Cod. It has all my latest favorite songs. In general I don't buy CDs anymore. I just download.
9. What kind of car do you drive? Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, Rocky Mountain Edition, or, as I call her Sandy Wabbit.
10. Favorite sandwich? Peanut butter and jelly -- preferably creamy peanut butter, grape jelly and whole wheat bread.
11. What characteristic do you despise in others? Two-faced-ness
12. Favorite item of clothing? Several pairs of my shoes including the purple Tory Burch ballet flats and the grey suede booties shown here.
13. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? These days I'd really like to go to Barcelona.
14. Where would you retire to? Manhattan.
15. What was your most recent memorable birthday? I'm not usually a person to focus on the negative, but my most recent memorable birthday is my 30th when my husband was supposed to book the party room at a particular restaurant for a particular night, but he waited until that last minute to call and it was too late. Yeah, it was a bad time, but that happens.
16. Favorite sport to watch? Tennis.
17. When is your birthday? January 15
18. Are you a morning person or a night? Definitely a morning person despite myself.
19. What is your shoe size? 7.5 It used to be 7 until I got pregnant. I actually had to get rid of almost all my shoes after Zoe was born and I realized my feet were not going to shrink back -- just like certain other parts of me.
20. Pets? Not any more unless I can count Mike...?
21. What did you want to be when you were little? An artist.
22. What is your favorite flower? Gerbera Daisies
23. What is a day on your calendar that you are looking forward to? This Saturday! Big shopping adventure planned for Saturday.
24. What are you listening to right now? Nothing, but I can hear Sponge Bob Square Pants.
25. What was the last thing you ate? A handful of Mike & Ike's.
26. Do you wish on stars? Yes.
27. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Violet blue
28. Last person you spoke to on the phone? My sister-in-law Joanne
29. Favorite soft drink? Diet Coke. I think I am actually partly made of Diet Coke.
30. Last place you ate out Katzenberg's
31. Hair color? Brown with a few persistent strands of grey.
32. What was your favorite toy as a child? Fashion plates
33. Summer or winter? Summer summer summer summer summer summer
34. Hugs or kisses? Both
35. Chocolate or vanilla? Vanilla
36. Coffee or tea? Coffee. Tea always makes me think of being sick.
37. Salty or sweet? Sweet...thus the Mike & Ike's
38. What did you do last night? Had dinner at my brother and sister-in-law's house. They made pizza on the grill using a pizza stone and it was really good.
39. What is under your bed? Art supplies, stationery, pens, paper, and computer bits and pieces like spare wires. All neatly packed in plastic bins.
40. How many keys on your ring? 2.
41. How many years at your current job? 3 and a half
42. Favorite day of the week? Thursday.
43. How many towns have you lived in? Rockaway, Stamford, Monroe, Ithaca, Dallas, Westport, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Fairfield
44. Do you make friends easily? I didn't used to, but I find that now I do. Or maybe I've just been really lucky in the last few years.
45. What is the last book you read?
These Three Remain and I am currently reading Vanity Fair.
And now I tag anyone who is longing for a meme like I was.