17 January 2008

Feeling Loved

On Tuesday I celebrated my 37th birthday -- or as I prefer to think about it, the 10th anniversary of my 27th birthday. 37 sounds awfully close to 40...but that's not what I wanted to write about.

I had a really great birthday this year that included wishes from near and far, some truly thoughtful prezzies, flowers delivered to my office and some cake. I felt well loved and truly lucky to have such great people remember me -- including my friend Heather who called from the hospital just hours from giving birth to her second son (Congratulations Heather and the D's!).

Among all this great love and stuff, one thing really stood out for me and that was something pretty simple -- it was the card I got from my Mom. It is a beautiful card and in it she wrote that she has loved me since I first moved in her. It feels so good to hear that I've been loved my entire life. And even after 37 years, it still feels so good to have my Mom tell me she thinks I'm great.

Mom, thank you for that wonderful gift.

I want to remember this feeling and be sure to pass the same kind of love along to Zoƫ as she grows.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you had a great birthday, particularly because at one point it looked like being nothing special. Birthdays should always be special!