14 December 2009

The Cosmetics Counter: 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil

This is about as close as you can come to the perfect eyeliner.

The 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil by Urban Decay is my favorite cosmetics discovery of 2009. Sometime over the summer I read an article about waterproof eyeliners which I thought would be fun to try for swimming days. I tried a couple of other brands with mixed results, but I wasn't thrilled until I stumbled upon this eyeliner at one of my favorite stores, Sephora. My color of choice is Rockstar which is a dark purple, but any of the colors that don't include glitter or glimmer are excellent choices.

What makes it so great, you ask? Well, I'll tell you.

  1. It is easy to apply -- unbelievably easy, really. You have to try it to see what I mean.
  2. It goes on super-smooth and even.
  3. It lasts a long, long time without running or smudging.
  4. Even though $17 may seem like a lot for an eyeliner, the pencil lasts a long time.
The only downside is that you should use eye make-up remover to take it off at the end of the day otherwise it can be a little bit too lasting.

So if you're looking for a new eyeliner, I suggest you give this one a try.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

I soooo appreciate this - I need a good eyeliner. I am going to sephora this weekend - I'll let you know how it works!

ZoesMom said...

Courtney -- So happy to help! Make sure the color you choose doesn't have the glimmer or glitter. And let me know what you think!