1. Working. It is so awfully unfair that my work has to be so intensely busy during one of the best summers I can remember. I don't ever remember being this overloaded at work. I often find that I stare out my window like a kid looking into a candy store looking at the beautiful sunny weather and wishing I was out in it. And if I could get out more, I'd certainly have more to blog about.
2. Pilates. I've tried yoga, but I it doesn't do it for me. Pilates does it. It is a tough work out but also very relaxing and stress-relieving. I have especially been enjoying Saturday morning Pilates on the beach.
3. Reading. Since I have completely given into my desire to read trashy fiction, I have been reading a ton. I am sure I will break my record of 50 books read in a year this year. Problem is most of the books I am reading are so trashy, I'm embarrassed to write about them here.
4. Twitter/Facebook. I tend to get out the things I wish to share immediately via Twitter or Facebook. Somethings probably would make a good blog post, but since time is an issue for me and for everyone these days, Twitter/Facebook is so efficient.
5. Swimming. Last summer it rained just about every day of June and July. When it finally stopped and got warm in August, our pool heater had some kind of infarction and let loose with some strange substances into the pool that took weeks to clean. By the time it was swim-able, it was just about time to close the pool for the year. This year we are trying to make up for lost time and are swimming as much as possible. Plus I am trying to have "open swim" days where I let all our friends and family know the gate to the backyard is open, come on over. It has been a lot of fun.
6. Baking. When I'm stressed out I find baking comforting. Baking takes concentration so it gets my mind off of the things that are stressing me out. Plus the results (cookies, cakes, granola bars) are usually very well-received so that is motivating.
7. Convertible Rides. Did I tell you I got a new car? It is my new baby, a 2007 Beetle convertible in harvest moon and I have been loving going for rides with the top down. The neighborhood kids are always asking me for rides too. It is the first time I've ever owned a car that I truly wanted and it so much fun. I like to think of it as an early 40th birthday present to myself or my mid-life crisis car.
I'm not expecting to be a much more productive blogger over the rest of the summer, but I am hoping that things will improve in September. Until then, I will do my best, please stick with me.