07 November 2005

Good Night, and Good Luck

There was a time when I thought of George Clooney as just a pretty face who desperately wanted to be perceived as more than that. Turns out he is more than that. A lot more. He's one smart (and talented) cookie.

Yes, in case you haven't guessed by now, I saw George Clooney's film, Good Night, and Good Luck this weekend. It was gripping from start to finish. And even though I already knew the story going in and how it all worked out in the end I found myself tensing up in parts. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't a perfect movie. Some of the side stories and the supporting cast were a little thin and underdeveloped. And I have to admit I couldn't look at Robert Downey Jr. and not think "drug addict." But overall, it was really excellent. For sure there will Oscar nominations.

Honestly, I never would have guessed that George Clooney could direct and write let alone act as well as he did. I look forward to more from him.

No comments: