17 November 2005

No more nap time?

It's hard to believe, but I think Zoë is going to give up napping soon. She has been skipping her naps at school a lot lately and when she does nap she has a hard time falling asleep at night. As much as I have often enjoyed those couple of hours to myself on Saturday and Sunday afternoons, I will be very happy to be done with nap time. It will make planning the day so much easier if I don't have to incorporate a 2 to 3 hour break right in the middle. So far the best benefit has been that she is sleeping later in the mornings. Some mornings I actually have to wake her up. This is the same kid who would regularly be up at 5:45AM less than a year ago. The later mornings are a big relief.

At the same time it is hard to believe my little baby is growing into such a big girl already. I know I am hardly the first parent to say this, but it all really does go by so quickly. When you first bring home a baby everyone tells you that, but it is hard to understand -- especially when the day-to-day is so rough going. Then all of a sudden you wake up one day and your baby is turning 2 then 3 and then she isn't even a baby anymore.

No comments: