04 January 2006

Return to school

I'm sure you know that Christmas Carol "It's Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas." There's a line in the song that goes...
And Mom and Dad can hardly wait for school to start again.

When I was a kid I used to think that line wasn't very nice, but now, NOW, I totally get it. I mean I GET IT.

Yesterday Zoë's school was closed because of what turned out to be mostly a slush storm so I stayed at home with her and did my best to work from home. For most of the day we couldn't even really go anywhere because it was so gross outside and after the second viewing of "Madagascar" cabin fever began to set in and I thought she was literally going to start bouncing off the walls.

With the holidays and the snow, we've just had too many days at home lately and she really needed to be back at school running around. That kid has so much energy! This morning I had to take her to a doctor's appointment and we arrived a few minutes early and the office wasn't open yet. There was nowhere to sit or anything -- we just had to stand in the hall. No one was around so I told Zoë to see how fast she could run to the end of the hallway and back. I was half joking, half serious, but she did it! Multiple times. It was hysterical to watch. All that running and she was barely even winded. I definitely need to get her involved in more physical activities. Thank goodness school was back in session today.

No comments: