19 December 2007

The new member of my household

I'd like to introduce you to the newest member of my household:

He's a Sony Bravia 40" LCD TV. Merry Christmas to us!

Yes, I wanted one of these cool flat panel TVs, but only because I think they're cool and appeal to my gadget-loving side. I mean this is kind of an uber-gadget, but a gadget none-the-less because we already had a TV, right? Wrong. It is a whole new world of TV watching in my house. It is kind of like having a little movie screen in the house. I really didn't expect to love it as much as I do, but I am completely smitten with this thing. And so is everyone else in my house. Yay for big, cool, nice looking TVs!

If you happen to be in the market for one of these babies, but have no idea the differences between plasma, LCD, or rear projection and want some knowledge before dealing with a salesperson, I highly recommend this article I found on cnet.com. It should be called "Big TVs for Dummies." For the average shopper this has everything you need to know. Seriously. I even surprised the sales guy with my knowledge.

No comments: