So I know I haven't written a real post in awhile now, but things have been a little hectic and at least this meme came from the Queen herself.
THE FORTY FINISH-THE-SENTENCES MEME
1. My uncle once yelled at me for touching the window of his car. He is compulsively clean and neat and especially about his cars.
2. Never in my life have I eaten lobster. I don't think I ever will either.
3. When I was five I loved Snoopy. I carried my Snoopy doll with me everywhere, I wanted to own anything with Snoopy on it and I lived for the Snoopy holiday specials -- especially "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown."
4. High School was too long. Those were the 4 longest years of my life.
5. I will never forget 9/11.
6. I once met Tom Brokaw at a restaurant in NYC called the West Bank Cafe where some friends were doing a show. I had had several drinks and was sitting with my back to his table so I didn't know he was there. For some reason I decided it was good time to show my friends the different kinds of hats one can make with a dinner napkin. At one point my friend across the table said, "Tom Brokaw is laughing at you right now." I turned around to see him laughing right at me. He then came over to our table introduced himself and bought us all a round of drinks.
7. There's this girl I know who is coming to visit me (and her family) tomorrow and I can't wait to see her.
8. Once, at a bar I met Joe Torre's son Michael. He was a nice guy and I would have given him my number if he'd asked, but he didn't. And not just for the potential Yankees tickets.
9. By noon, I'm usually hungry on weekdays and feeling like the day is slipping away from me if it is a weekend.
10. Last night I had dinner with Becky. We went to Acqua in Westport and it was half-price wine night yet somehow we restrained ourselves and only had one bottle.
11. If I only had more time in a day.
12. Next time I go to church someone will be getting married, baptized or buried.
13. Terry Shiavo makes me think how insane the world can be and how much I need a living will. Just in case -- tell Rob to pull the plug and get on with it.
14. What worries me most is different on any given day.
15. When I turn my head left, I see my mother sitting next to me on the couch.
16. When I turn my head right, I see my deck, the table and umbrella on it, and part of my pool.
17. You know I'm lying when I...wait -- why would I give away my own "tell"? Actually, I try not to lie because I used to do it terribly often as a kid and it always got me in trouble and I don't know what my "tell" is, but I am sure I have one.
18. What I miss most about the eighties is the music.
19. If I was a character in Shakespeare, I'd be one of the women in a comedy who dress as a man like Rosalind in "As You Like It." That's just the kind of thing I would think is a good idea.
20. By this time next year Zoe will be 7 and getting ready to enter 2nd grade.
21. A better name for me would be Jill. I was supposed to be Jill and then my great-grandmother Mary died just a couple of weeks before I was born. In the Jewish tradition babies are often named after a relative who died recently. I've never been in love with my name, but I do like Jill which is my middle name. Of course, as a kid I looked just like Marcie from the Peanuts gang so it did seem like I was meant to be a Marcy.
22. I have a hard time understanding boys.
23. If I ever go back to school, I'll go for that semester at the London Centre. What was I thinking??!!
24. You know I like you if I want to go shopping with you.
25. If I ever won an award, the first person I'd thank would be hmmm...my mother or Rob depending on the award.
26. Darwin, Mozart, Slim Pickens & Geraldine Ferraro walk into a bar...
27. Take my advice, never drop a full bottle of wine on your foot -- especially while wearing flip-flops
28. My ideal breakfast is a really fresh everything bagel (not toasted) with butter on one half and cream cheese on the other half, an extra hot latte and a vanilla creme-filled donut for dessert.
29. A song I love, but do not have is "Lean on Me" because I love it for the memory it evokes much more than I love the song itself.
30. If you visit my hometown, I suggest driving right through -- unless you're hungry then go to Country Pizza followed by Dr. Mike's ice cream and then drive right out of town.
31. Tulips, character flaws, microchips & track stars walk into a bar with Darwin, Mozart, Slim Pickens & Geraldine Ferraro
32. Why won't people stop talking on their cell phones while they drive?
33. If you spend the night at my house you'd better hope Rob is home if you want a home cooked meal otherwise we'll probably go out for dinner.
34. I'd stop my wedding for any number of emergencies.
35. The world could do without George Bush.
36. I'd rather lick the belly of a cockroach than go skydiving.
37. My favorite blond is my niece Sophia. But I know several other very nice blonds who do nothing to propagate the stereotype.
38. Paper clips are more useful than decorative soaps.
39. If I do anything well, it's: shop
40. And by the way: Zoe can now do a front flip off the diving board. It is hysterical to watch.