10 July 2009

Friday's Lessons Learned: Back to the Bullets

I skipped my Friday bullet points in honor of Independence Day last week. Actually, I was too busy over-dosing on Wimbledon tennis to write anything. But today we are back to regularly scheduled programming. It's been an up and down week so let's see...
  • One somewhat upsetting incident can really kill my productivity for hours at a time. I was on the receiving end of some rather insulting attitude at work this week and it really killed my day yesterday until I could get myself over it and move on. Thanks to those of you who listened yesterday -- I really appreciate it.
  • It is much easier to decide what to wear for "before" pictures than it is for "after." Tomorrow I have my final weigh-in for the contest I have been participating in at my gym and they are also going to take the "after" photos. I spent over an hour working out what to wear. Ridiculous! It has been a tough 8 weeks, but the results are just what I was hoping for. And after the "after" photos, I think I am going to get a cappuccino and a muffin because I deserve it!
  • I am so glad summer has decided to come to Connecticut. It could be warmer as far as I'm concerned, but I am just glad to wear the shorts and flip flops and to not need an umbrella EVERY day.
  • Dogs and boys are a lot alike. Think about it and you will see what I mean.
  • Despite wearing sunblock with an SPF of 50 all day every day, Zoe is completely tan after only 2 weeks of camp. Her hair has gotten lighter from the sun and I think in another 2 weeks her hair and skin will be about the same shades. She is just loving camp. If there was ever a kid made for camp, she is it. It is so nice to see her go off with a smile everyday and come home with it too. Don't worry, I'll post more pictures soon.
Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: