14 March 2011

Birthday Wish List

Zoe's 9th birthday is just one week away.

Before I go on I just have to say, OMG Zoe is going to be 9!!!! How can that be?

OK, so I asked Zoe to write down a few things that she wanted for her birthday for me and to tell family when they asked.  In truly Zoe-fashion here is the list she came up with:


This list makes me laugh in so many ways. Probably my favorite thing is the title:
20 14 things I want for my birthday... and then she only put down 12 things!  The check marks after some of the items indicate that those are things she really, really wants.

I've opted to fulfill wishes 2, 4, 6, 9 (Yes, you're reading that correctly, she is looking for a paperback copy of Moby Dick.  I managed to find an abridged and illustrated children's version.) and 12 (we have an old-fashioned gumball machine in our basement that she would like to have in her room).

I think Ima (Zoe's name for my mother) will be handling request #5 -- a trip to Build-a-Bear.  Whoever invented Build-a-Bear is a capitalistic genius.  That is one of the biggest money-making schemes I have ever seen.  Ima already took care of #8 this past weekend, that's why it is crossed out.

Speaking of capitalistic genius, can't you just hear the commercial in item #3, the Vectron Wave?  I love that she includes the price plus shipping and handling.  Not something you're going to ask your sister-in-law or your mother-in-law to get, now is it?

About the only easy item on the list to pass to a family or friend is #1 (a game for the Wii for those of you that don't know) and maybe #7.

I do love that kid.

No comments: