20 June 2008

Ci Vediamo Presto

In just a few hours we're off to the airport. This trip is my mother's 65th birthday/retirement celebration so my entire family is going which should be really fun (and probably occasionally hectic too).

I'm mostly packed and starting to get a little nervous about the flight -- I am a bit of a nervous flier. Once we're in the air and I've had a drink I am sure I will be feeling much better, but there's lots to do between now and then so I am trying to focus on that.

Enough about nerves though, we're off for a grand avventura! First stop is Venice for 4 days and then we move on to a little town just outside of Florence called Impruneta where we will be staying in a farmhouse for 6 days. I am looking forward to seeing the sites, relaxing and enjoying la dolce vita. I am not bringing a computer so I will be without email or internet access for 10 whole days (I think I am a little nervous about that too!) so blog posts will be on hold until my return. I hope to come back with lots of good stories and photos.

See you all soon.

P.S. I finished "City of Falling Angels" and I'm glad I did even though it was just OK.

Update: This should make getting there a little more complicated. Oh well.

2 comments:

Emily Barton said...

Hope you had a fabulous time! Every single blog post I'm reading this evening is making me extraordinarily jealous. I must remedy that by doing something jealous-worthy myself.

Rebecca H. said...

Have a wonderful time! It sounds like a fabulous trip.