Those who know me on Facebook and my blog will see the repeat, but this seemed like a good blog post as well as a Facebook tag. So, here it is, 25 random things about me...
1. My eyes change color – sometimes they are blue and sometimes they are green.
2. I am one of the pickiest eaters I know, but lately I have been trying to get better.
3. I think of myself as a New Yorker even though I only lived in New York for about a quarter of my life. I know I will live there again.
4. I eat ice cream almost every day. My current favorite flavor is peanut butter cup.
5. My idea of a great night out is dinner and a movie.
6. I think my UPS driver thinks I have some kind of shopping problem because of the number of deliveries he makes to my house. I do shop online a lot, but he’s never made any comments about it, so I am probably paranoid.
7. I am frequently taken by surprise and amazed by my love for my daughter and the love she has for me.
8. I don’t love babies. They’re OK. Certainly adorable, but I don’t go crazy over babies. I loved my baby, of course, but in general I rarely get excited over babies – even babies that are from family and close friends. It makes me feel bad, but I can’t help it.
9. When I was pregnant I thought I wanted to be a stay-at-home Mom, but it didn’t work out that we could afford it. At the time I was very disappointed, but since having my daughter and going back to work, I have always been glad it worked out that way. Working is good for me.
10. I was almost constantly ill as a child. I had to have gamma globulin shots regularly in an attempt to boost my immune system.
11. Sometimes I think I am the smartest person in the room and sometimes I think I am the dumbest, but rarely do I feel somewhere in between.
12. I am working on trying to start a charity organization that provides backpacks and school supplies to kids who can’t afford them.
13. Most of the time I start with the shoes when figuring out what I am going to wear on any given day.
14. I am not a fan of Bruce Springsteen or U2. I am the opposite of a fan.
15. I currently have chapstick tubes in the bathroom, on my nightstand, in my purse, and in my car.
16. Speaking of lips -- I love to buy lipstick.
17. I knew my husband was the man I wanted to marry when I realized that I could be completely myself with him all the time. I have never felt that way with any other man. I think it has made all the difference these last (almost) 10 years.
18. I hate to fly because it scares me. I do it anyway, but I hate it.
19. I used to be a costume designer.
20. I’m really happy about my decision to only have one child.
21. I hate when I have to call people I don’t know for information, appointments, take-out orders, etc. I will almost always try to fob this off onto others when at all possible. I am grateful that my husband is almost always willing to make these calls for me.
22. I own and use 4 computers and 3 iPods. I am a technology junkie.
23. I love the show “Top Chef” even though I don’t love to cook.
24. I get claustrophobic in large crowds. I think it is because I am short.
25. I consider myself lucky to have so many great friends.