08 January 2010

First lines meme

I saw this over at Musings from the Sofa and thought it looked like fun...

The rules are easy: post the first line of the first post of each month [from last year].

January: Here is the list of all 50 books I read in 2008.

February: Tomorrow around noon I will be boarding a plane for California.

March: We're just home from Puerto Rico one day late as Mother Nature thoughtfully provided us with a snow storm on Monday and forcing us to prolong our stay.

April: I haven't gotten out my soap box in awhile so I thought it was time I dusted it off.

May: Any discussion of head lice will cause my own head to itch -- one hour for every minute of conversation.

June: Have you seen the blog Photoshop Disasters?

July: I just read this post from traciedesigns and I had to share it too because I think it is a great idea.

August: If you're a fan of teh show Mad Men then you've got to give this a try. On the AMC site you can "Mad Men" yourself!

September: It is definitely that time.

October: I love Mad Men, but I have loved Sesame Street even longer...

November: Because Halloween fell on a Saturday this year, I decided to make a little party out of it.

December: How on Earth did it get to be December 10th already?


I'm not sure what this says about my blog or me except that I like Mad Men, but it is an interesting snapshot of the year that was.

2 comments:

Kitty Moore said...

That is a very interesting exercise - now I just have to go back through your posts and read on!

Kitty

Emily Barton said...

I wish my first line for THIS February would be yours for last (but not to go to the office. Just to play).