15 April 2005

New Job: Day 2

Its hard to say if day 2 was better or worse than day 1. On the positive side, I did finally get my security pass so I was able to get some lunch and I had fewer meetings which helped reduce the headache factor. On the negative side, I didn't really know what I was supposed to be doing so I just did a bunch of research on the net on random topics that had come up throughout the day before. Also, no one was particularly friendly -- again. No one was even a little bit friendly. Sigh. What can I really expect? I guess they are not going to throw me a party and give me a necklace like they did when I left my old job. Too bad.

The thing that really made yesterday suck was arriving home to see my husband's car in the driveway. Just seeing his car there and I knew something really bad had happened because only catastrophe would make him leave work early. I had Zoë with me so at least I knew she was alright. My first thought was that someone had died -- likely one of Rob's parents. Luckily it wasn't as drastic as that. Just 2 inches of water in our basement. Seems the old hot water heater decided it was time for retirement. Nothing like a $750 surprise. Another sigh. With a little luck and help from the fine people at Home Depot, it will all be fixed by tonight. I hope so because I really don't want to have to go another day without a shower.

I came to a startling realization last night. In the last 2 months we have moved Zoë to her "big girl" bed, completed potty training -- thus eliminating the need for diapers, stopped using the baby sized "potty", and stopped using the booster seat at the table. Its official, Zoë is not a baby anymore. Wow.

No comments: