05 July 2005

My new goal...

If you read The New Yorker then you may have noticed that they have started running the cartoon caption contest as a regular feature. I have submitted a caption every week of the contest so far and although I have not yet won or even made it to the final three I am officially obsessed and determined to win someday. Here is an example of one of my captions:



Yes, I am sure your mother can't hear us from here.


The winning caption was:
Relax, honey—everybody gets buyer's remorse.

Is that really better? I don't know.

Anyway, its hard to believe it's already past the 4th. It was a glorious weekend and we even got to use the pool for the first time all summer. Last night we took Zoƫ to the beach to see the fireworks for the first time. Husband was convinced that she would hate it because of the noise, but, in fact, she loved it. She had a ball and despite the late hour, she behaved amazingly well. She was an all-around great kid all day yesterday. Here' a pic...



3 comments:

jennifer said...

Your comment ROCKS! (I didn't think the winning one was funny at all, even before I saw your post.) Don't give up, you should totally keep doing this!

jennifer said...

By "comment" I meant "caption." Heh. Spending too much time in blogworld, I think...

david said...

the new yorker is a hard bag to figure out. i've been trying to get a piece in shouts and murmurs for years. and i know an editor there! yours was hilarious. keep posting them so we can read 'em!