14 October 2005

Drowning

I woke up this morning to the sound of rain hitting the roof (not to mention every other exposed surface) for the 8th time in a row. I can't take any more. It was nearly impossible to drag myself out of bed to face another day of this rain. I feel as though I may start to become amphibious.

In the words of that great and wise purple dinosaur, Barney...
Mr. Sun, Sun, Mr. Golden Sun please shine down on me!


I know this rain is making me extra grumpy too. When I arrived at work this morning to my great irritation I saw one of my cans of Diet Coke with Lime sitting empty on a co-worker's desk. This is not the first time this has happened. Unless I was utterly desperate, I would never take someone else's diet coke (or anything else for that matter) from the community fridge. The fact that she feels so free to take it without so much as a word to me really puts me on edge. Being extra grumpy has made it very difficult to even be civil to this person today.

I would really like to go home, get under the covers and watch bad TV with the lights out until I fall asleep.

1 comment:

david said...

come on out to sunny LA!