Bold the true statements. You can explain further if you wish.
1. Father went to college -- first in his family
2. Father finished college
3. Mother went to college
4. Mother finished college -- and then some. She has more degrees than your average thermometer.
5. Have any relative who is an attorney, physician, or professor.
6. Were the same or higher class than your high school teachers.
7. Had more than 50 books in your childhood home.
8. Had more than 500 books in your childhood home
9. Were read children’s books by a parent
10. Had lessons of any kind before you turned 18 -- ice skating, swimming and ballet
11. Had more than two kinds of lessons before you turned 18
12. The people in the media who dress and talk like me are portrayed positively
13. Had a credit card with your name on it before you turned 18
14. Your parents (or a trust) paid for the majority of your college costs
15. Your parents (or a trust) paid for all of your college costs
16. Went to a private high school
17. Went to summer camp -- day camp and then sleep away camp
18. Had a private tutor before you turned 18
19. Family vacations involved staying at hotels
20. Your clothing was all bought new before you turned 18
Not all of it, but most. I had some hand-me-downs from older brother and cousins
21. Your parents bought you a car that was not a hand-me-down from them -- I helped pay for it though -- an '82 VW Rabitt which I loved.
22. There was original art in your house when you were a child -- I'm guessing mine doesn't count here.
23. You and your family lived in a single-family house
24. Your parent(s) owned their own house or apartment before you left home
25. You had your own room as a child
26. You had a phone in your room before you turned 18
27. Participated in a SAT/ACT prep course
28. Had your own TV in your room in high school
29. Owned a mutual fund or IRA in high school or college
30. Flew anywhere on a commercial airline before you turned 16
31. Went on a cruise with your family
32. Went on more than one cruise with your family
33. Your parents took you to museums and art galleries as you grew up
34. You were unaware of how much heating bills were for your family
Clearly I have been quite lucky. What about you?