22 January 2008

Manic Monday

Today's questions are:

If you had to be named after one of the 50 states, which would it be?
I'd go for Georgia. For some unknown reason, I've always like that name. I like the way it is spelled, I like the images of peach trees and plantations it evokes and I even named my last car Georgia. I also like the idea that the nickname for Georgia sounds like a boy's name -- George.

Where do you go for advice?
That really depends on what kind of advice I need. For the most part I either go to my friends, my mother or to Google.

What is the sickest you've ever been?
When I was 3 or 4 I had a terrible bout with pneumonia. I was sick for weeks. In my memory it feels like I was sick for a year. On top of that, part of the "cure" for this was going to the doctor for gamma globulin shots which were quite painful. I lived in fear of those shots and put on quite a screaming show every single time I had to go get one. I know it was a nightmare for my mother -- the shots and the whole thing.

No comments: