11 May 2005

10 minutes before 4

It's roughly ten minutes before 4 and it seems my brain has signed off for the day. I cannot seem to focus on work at all. The best I can do is write about how unfocused I feel.

It is a sunny spring day here and I had a lovely lunch with one of my stay-at-home mom friends and I just haven't recovered from that diversion in the day. I guess I do still sometimes wish to be a stay-at-home mom. Mostly for the freedom of it. I don't think the work is any easier, but at least you are definitely the boss. I don't know if I would be happy or not having never tried it, but I think working part time would probably be the ideal situation. My hope is that by the time Zoƫ is in first or second grade I will be able to work a shorter day and be there when she gets home from school. I want to do all that after school stuff with her even if it is just driving her to practices or whatever. Theoretically, it could happen. And now that I am working so much closer to home, the possibility of it really working out is even greater.

I can't get a real feel for how things are going at this new job. I think they are going well, but I can't be sure as I haven't received any real feedback. Not sure when that will ever come. But if I am hoping for anything positive I think I better try and find a way to get my head back into the game today.

No comments: