06 May 2005

Tell me a story...

I am starting to dread the words "tell me a story...". These days Zoë constantly wants me or my husband or someone to tell her a story. She names the characters and usually this situation and then she expects a story. Not just one story, however. As soon as you finish one, she asks for the next. I don't mind most of the time, but sometimes I just can't do it. Out of desperation I have invented a few characters. There is Billy the Bear, Echo, Echo Echo, Big Tall Bear, and all of their respective mothers and fathers. My husband usually tells stories that center around our dog, Spanky, and his pals Russel, Rusty, Hank and Spike the cat. My mother can usually get away with Goldilocks or the The Three Little Pigs. She just can't get enough of these ridiculous stories.

Yesterday I had a brainwave about the situation. I am a big fan of books on tape (books on my iPod now) so I was thinking that might be a good solution for her. I am going to get a few kids stories and see how she likes them. They might be annoying to listen to over and over, but at least I won't be on the spot to make up a story every time. Plus, it is another use for my amazing iPod.

Speaking of iPods, I know 2 people who have recently purchased them and still haven't taken them out of the box! I mean really, that is just criminal. I'm not sure, but I think your iPod should be revoked after a certain point. It's just plain negligence.

No comments: